July 21, 2016
Margarita & Chester’s Residence
Re: 1st Meeting of the Beer City Sisters
· Margarita del Encanto – hungry with excitement
· Chester Cub – on the floor in his pj’s
· Seth Campbell – was he really here?
· Ida Carolina – fashionably late
· David Yandle – rocking the 90’s look again
· Sistory Moment thru a YouTube video
· Why now?
- Margarita is getting notice of the lack of conversation around the city.
- A lot to do before ask for Mission Status.
- Now is just time to have fun, create buzz
- No need to be on all manifestations
- Makeup Workshops
- Find your ministry: Face, Name, Cause
· Who are you?
- Express yourself, Be creative
- We are giving you a white canvas
- Margarita presented an option for 1st coronet (pillbox hat)
- House love the idea and want to adopt and be the canvas
· What we do?
- Fundraising: Pride
- Funraising: Sister Bingo, Easter (Sisters’ Anniversary)
- Awareness: Condom Ministry, HIV Awareness
Introductions (Really late at the meeting):
· David: also known as Dayglow Starkade. Gender Fluid, dancer, worker and a Pokemon Go gamer.
· Ida: also known as Nathan Adams. Gender Queer, into Drag pageants, Scandal and another Pokemon Go gamer.
· Seth: work work, hang in the mountains, try new restaurants and, guess what, another avid Pokemon Go gamer.
· Chester: full TV junky and worker (he also plays Pokemon Go)
· Margarita: floral designer, event coordinator and obsess with the Sisters (not a Pokemon Go gamer)
- Let’s do a Fashion Show and show my coronets, bibs and dressing room.
· Start thinking on your Sister/Guard persona.
· Read, watch, research about the Sisters. Youtube, other Houses websites, etc.
· Research about causes in Asheville that calls you and the Sisters can help later on.