Monday, November 21, 2016 – 8:00pm
The Convent at the Mountains
Re: Meeting Minutes November Meeting / UNPC Call
I. Call to Order / Welcome
II. Roll Call
a. Margarita, Chester, Peri, Kay, George, Benny, Billie, Selma, Colin
III. Sistory Moment – Sister Selma Cooter
a. Selma had her first time manifesting and talking about the sistory of SPI. (2 aspirants)
b. Peri – talk to her biological mom about her life as a Sister and Mom expressed how she love those pictures more than her drag persona. (2/3 aspirants)
c. Billie – pageants queens talking about makeup and sisters
d. Margarita – first time the BCS went in white face to a restaurant in town. Proud of George of not been completely in white but still manifest.
IV. Pending Business
a. Progression - Aspirant / Postulant / Novice / Fully Professed
i. Aspirants – people interested in be a Sisters. 2/3 months to join us while we manifest before be able to get your white
ii. Postulants – grey cloth, white lips, time to learn how to manifest
iii. Novice – time to act. Is not just give the safety pack. Fundraising, talk about HIV
iv. Fully Professed – black veil, keep the work, mentor our little sisters
b. SPI Use
i. We need to refer us as a Mission House of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence
c. Facebook – Sister Profile Page
i. Social Media: Twitter & Instagram
1. We have pages on all major social media outlet. Please join and promote the pages. Way to spread the word about the BCS
2. Sister’s Facebook page is totally optional. It all depend if you want or not to mix your secular and sister lives
d. Founding Members Closure
i. We are officially closing Founding Membership as of today. This will make us 12 members in total: 7 Sisters and 5 Guards.
ii. We do have few aspirants and they, and anyone else new, will start the whole process from now on.
V. New Business
a. Thanksgiving – dinner for a member of the Community
i. Margarita is opening her house for those who don’t have where to celebrate Thanksgiving. Also, if you know of someone that neither have where to celebrate, you are welcome to bring them.
b. Merry & Bright
i. Ideas for fundraising
1. Margarita and Chester are donating their prizes from the Volunteer Night last weekend to be raffle during the M&B nights.
2. Benny and Selma are donating theirs too for this.
3. Margarita want to do 50/50 raffle.
ii. Attendance / Dates
1. Next 3 following weekends. You don’t need to assist to all of them. Poll on the Facebook Close Group for you to select what days you can manifest.
c. Board of Directors
2. Vice President
5. Member at Large
6. UNPC Delegate
ii. Elections during December General Membership Meeting
1. You have till December 1st to contact Chester and nominate yourself or someone else for the BOD. Ballot will be posted shortly after that for you to review and we will have elections during the GM Meeting, Monday, December 12.
VI. UNPC Call – 9:00pm
a. 218-339-7800 Access Code 3767901
i. We could participate of the UNPC monthly call and see how it’s. Heard the reports from the current Mission Houses. This is what our UNPC delegate must do at the upcoming calls.
ii. Margarita gave the report from our House.
iii. After a short recess, we were selected as the new Mission House of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. YAY!!!!
VIII. Other Business
a. Chester talked about Sacred Spaces (Restaurants, Bars, etc, that have been a key to the History of the LGTB Community in town) and how he wanted to elevate this idea due to the recent events around the nation. We want to create “Safe Houses” around town. Places were members of the Community could go in case they are persecuted or in trouble. Chester is asking for help with the project from someone that can reach at the Community. He will be creating the campaign to be presented for them.
i. Sister Peri Winkle already have contacts that can be reach out for this.
IX. Adjournment / Next Meeting
a. Margarita adjourned the meeting at 11:15pm
b. Next Meeting: Monday, December 12, 2016